• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NEED HELP ASAP

JaphetA

Hello, yesterday at 8:00 pm my phone jumped out of my hand while taking the case off and it fell on the tub back first. I turned it off immediately, wiped it dry. The water was just like a splash like 0.3 mm tall. As I turned it off, I take a piece of paper if the headphone jack is wet, and it is not. But the charger, it is. It seems like small amount of water came in but I was already devastated. I took off the simcards and placed the phone on a cabinet and let it dry for 48 hours,(But didnt make it to 48 hours because at 5:00 am lately it turned on and alarmed until i woke up. read second pharagraph) I can't take off the battery and rip it out because the phone is in plan, warranty, and mom just gave it to me.

UNFORTUNATELY AGAIN I forgot that my phone turns on in an instant whenever it will alarm.So, My alarm is in 5:00 am and I woke up 20 minutes of it alarming, at 5:20 am. It means that the phone has been alarming with the speaker for 20 minutes until I wake up. I was so done but and so mad and sad that its done. I am thinking it is now frying itself.. I turned off the alarm and double think if I should plug in the charger after but my emotions kicked in I was anxious and it did, it charged. I should have not cuz thatll makes things worst I was very worried of how long it rings while being dried up in just 8 hours even it was not submersed completely and just little water came in; Should I go to a pro now? Or is the phone ok now?

UPDATE: its 13 hours and I now put it in rice but wont the rice get in the simcard spaces?? I didnt typed the post with my phone

Last edited:
If you typed the above post from that phone, I think it's ok.

Otherwise, turn the phone off and put it in a bag of rice like people usually do when the phones get wet.

Hello there!
Well, with that small amount of water, splashed onto/into the device, after 48 hours and everything else you describe, I wouldn't worry about it now.
Whatever damage, (if any honestly), is done, is done.

Don't fret. .3 mm of water splashed onto it is nothing.

Rice wouldn't hurt either, but from what I understand, very little water got into it.

What device do you have?

Just to clarify a couple of points an important issue. It doesn't sound like you ever actually powered the phone off, from your description it's simply a matter of the screen being in sleep mode. With an alarm being set, if the phone was actually 'off' it wouldn't be able to sound that alarm. No power, no alarm. Since the alarm did occur, the phone had to be 'on'. When the screen goes to sleep, it doesn't power off the phone, it's just that the screen goes dark. Nor can an alarm you set up trigger your phone to start itself up when it is powered off.
Also, please clarify your time frame. You initially stated the phone was dropped yesterday evening but later stated you left it out to dry for 48 hours.

Just to clarify a couple of points an important issue. It doesn't sound like you ever actually powered the phone off, from your description it's simply a matter of the screen being in sleep mode. With an alarm being set, if the phone was actually 'off' it wouldn't be able to sound that alarm. No power, no alarm. Since the alarm did occur, the phone had to be 'on'. When the screen goes to sleep, it doesn't power off the phone, it's just that the screen goes dark. Nor can an alarm you set up trigger your phone to start itself up when it is powered off.
Also, please clarify your time frame. You initially stated the phone was dropped yesterday evening but later stated you left it out to dry for 48 hours.

Nice catch on both points.

second paragraph. The drying time was interrupted because of the phones feature of instant turn on if theres an alarm.

Hello there!
Well, with that small amount of water, splashed onto/into the device, after 48 hours and everything else you describe, I wouldn't worry about it now.

Rice wouldn't hurt either, but from what I understand, very little water got into it.

What device do you have?

Second paragraph. It didnt get to dry for 48 hours because it alarmed at 5:00 am today

thats why i find this phone so weird. It is off then it will turn on once an scheduled alarm comes. 48 hours is interrupted because at 5:00 am this morning it alarmed

Looks like you're using a phone from 2011.
Android Phones (having android 4.4 and up) do power on, on their own whenever an alarm is triggered.

Hello there!

What device do you have?
huawei y6 2018

its a huawei y6 2018

No, not you brother. I said that to svim.
And don't worry, give your Huawei some morning sunshine if nothing worked. It'll be fine. It worked with my tablet.
Edit: have you tried drying it with Hair Dryer?

And don't worry, give your Huawei some morning sunshine if nothing worked. It'll be fine. It worked with my tablet.

Well no cuz i dont have a dryer its broken

Back
Top Bottom