• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help moving Backups to extSD

biggdogg

I have a question on moving my nandroid backups , ( TWRP folder and files ) to my extSD card through Root Explorer file manager. I did the SD card fix for kitkat and it was successful. I was able to get Titanium Backup Pro to backup to the extSD card and move the files over but when I try to move my TWRP folder I get the KitKat error message in Root Explorer . Do I need to change something in the mount R/O R/W setting under root ? If I use ES file explorer it will move the folder but not the files . I have root access granted to both file managers . Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks !

Instead of asking for the thread to be closed or deleted, it might be better to share what was causing the problem and how you fixed it. That way there might be some people who could benefit from knowing how you fixed the problem.

Instead of asking for the thread to be closed or deleted, it might be better to share what was causing the problem and how you fixed it. That way there might be some people who could benefit from knowing how you fixed the problem.
I was never able to get it to work through the Root Explorer file manager and I still haven't figured out why . I ended up trying it from the built in file manager on the Avant and I was able to move the TWRP folder to the extSD card . I had to create a new folder on the extSD card and then just moved the TWRP folder from internal SD through the long press options. It does take awhile for the transfer because of the file size but it did work. I didn't think writing this would really help anyone so just thought it might be better to delete it. I have since changed the settings in TWRP recovery to backup straight to the extSD card .

Yes , I am on the Stock T-Mobile ROM .
If you look on xda the sprint s5 there is a thread on touch wiz mods that has literately like 30 or 40 mods that work for this phone I know because I've done them and the external SD card fix is there you need to add it to the permissions file

If you look on xda the sprint s5 there is a thread on touch wiz mods that has literately like 30 or 40 mods that work for this phone I know because I've done them and the external SD card fix is there you need to add it to the permissions file

Cool , thanks! I will definitely check it out.

Back
Top Bottom