• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help putting dvd movies on my samsung galaxy tab 3 (7.0) so i can watch them later

HI everyone! i am new to this forum. I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R. I have the samsung galaxy s4 as well. I am trying to convert my movies that i have on dvd, to a format that i can watch it on my galaxy tab 3. I was able to do it with my samsung galaxy 4 by watching the movies i converted years ago for my motorola photon. I have downloaded so many programs and tried and convert the video and than everytime i try to watch it on my samsung galaxy tab 3, i get the error: Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played. ok.
Like i said, i have been able to do it for my samsung galaxy s4 but i just cant figure out this tab. I have a 64gb micro sd card and i would like to store some of my favorite movies to view later when i want. i have even tried the best players and i just cant figure out the right settings ans what program to use! Please help!! Thank you very much in advance!! ~melinda~

You could use Handbrake but it's a long process. It's free.

There may be other free ones but I'm not sure. Haven't looked for them in ages.

I use DVD Catalyst. Well worth $9.95. Tools4Movies

hi tube517,
I am trying the trial version of dvd catalyst to see if i can get it to work before i buy it, just to find out it wont work. I am unfamiliar with the settings and i just cant master this tab 3! can you please help me with the settings so i can buy that and use it? I want to put my favorite dvds on my tab 3 to watch when i am out and about.
Thank you in advance for all your help! I truly appreciate it!!
And no i havent tried handbrake yet. I just downloaded it. I think its got something to do with the codec of the videos i'm trying to put on my tab. I wonder if it would work better if i run them thru dvd43 and save them to the computer and than convert them in a batch with the dvd catalyst? I could do that but i still have to figure out the right settings to get the video to play on my tab 3 and thats my problem!

Upvote 0
Would like to apologize for recommending avsforum previously. It's been awhile since I dabbled in this type of activity so forgot that the best places to go for help on DVD copying things is afterdawn or doom9.

Hi! Thank you. I realized one of my problems was the fact that i wasn't breaking the encryption. I use one click dvd pro to make backup copies of movies for my daughter and that has a dvd43 plugin built in. I ran my dvd's thru that and than i would run the folder that has the VOB and IFO files in it, thru the tools4movies video catalyst, the paid version. I can't watch those videos on my samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 (model: SM-T210R). I have tried just about every video player you can download in the app store, and i just cant get this to work. I have tried every preset on tools4movies catalyst for the samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 and all i ever get is the following error:
Cannot play video
Sorry, this video cannot be played.
OK

But, i can play the converted videos from the tools4movies catalyst program, on my samsung galaxy s4 smartphone! So i don't know what i am doing wrong! But i will check out the other 2 forums you listed above, and see if i can get some where with it. Thank you very much for your help! I truly appreciate it! ~melinda~

Upvote 0
Hi! Thank you. I realized one of my problems was the fact that i wasn't breaking the encryption. I use one click dvd pro to make backup copies of movies for my daughter and that has a dvd43 plugin built in. I ran my dvd's thru that and than i would run the folder that has the VOB and IFO files in it, thru the tools4movies video catalyst, the paid version. I can't watch those videos on my samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 (model: SM-T210R). I have tried just about every video player you can download in the app store, and i just cant get this to work. I have tried every preset on tools4movies catalyst for the samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 and all i ever get is the following error:
Cannot play video
Sorry, this video cannot be played.
OK

But, i can play the converted videos from the tools4movies catalyst program, on my samsung galaxy s4 smartphone! So i don't know what i am doing wrong! But i will check out the other 2 forums you listed above, and see if i can get some where with it. Thank you very much for your help! I truly appreciate it! ~melinda~

DVD Catalyst developer is great for one on one support. That is why I recommend him and his product.

Upvote 0
HI everyone! i am new to this forum. I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R. I have the samsung galaxy s4 as well. I am trying to convert my movies that i have on dvd, to a format that i can watch it on my galaxy tab 3. I was able to do it with my samsung galaxy 4 by watching the movies i converted years ago for my motorola photon. I have downloaded so many programs and tried and convert the video and than everytime i try to watch it on my samsung galaxy tab 3, i get the error: Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played. ok.
Like i said, i have been able to do it for my samsung galaxy s4 but i just cant figure out this tab. I have a 64gb micro sd card and i would like to store some of my favorite movies to view later when i want. i have even tried the best players and i just cant figure out the right settings ans what program to use! Please help!! Thank you very much in advance!! ~melinda~

You have to convert your DVD movie to mp4 using FORMAT FACTORY Format Factory Home Page - Free media file format converter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones