• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help Rooting Droid Maxx 4.4.4 Will Pay $100 for Assistance

Need help rooting my Droid Maxx 4.4.4 xt1080 in order to enable data retrieval apps. Urgent matter. This model is tough to root, and I am afraid of making a mess of things if I attempt this on my own. Every rooting app I've found has failed to work. Please assist. If you can walk me through it step by step (perhaps via Skype, if you don't live in Boston) I will send you $100 through Paypal. Thanks!

Need help rooting my Droid Maxx 4.4.4 xt1080 in order to enable data retrieval apps. Urgent matter. This model is tough to root, and I am afraid of making a mess of things if I attempt this on my own. Every rooting app I've found has failed to work. Please assist. If you can walk me through it step by step (perhaps via Skype, if you don't live in Boston) I will send you $100 through Paypal. Thanks!
Root is possible. If you could post your firmware version it would be helpful. I really cannot say whether or not it would help with data retrieval apps or not.

How it's done is dependent on your firmware version. If it's the latest updates you would need to have the device rolled back to a earlier firmware version. If you're really lucky it's on a old version and the bootloader can be unlocked.

If the bootloader unlock is a viable solution.... Not likely though it would be your best option as the tool used doesn't wipe data. If it has newer firmware and has to be rolled back via rsd lite. It would do a full data wipe.

If the firmware is somewhere in between the two versions, really old or newest. It could be rooted, but like i stated earlier... No guarantees made on data retrieval tools.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom