• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need help updating to 2.2!?!?

well ive had my transform for about 2 moths and now i kinda checking into updating the brains of it. only problem is i really have no idea how. all iknow is i dont want to have to root it because i think i will mess it up. so if there is any way to update like ota or something please let me know how thanks

well ive had my transform for about 2 moths and now i kinda checking into updating the brains of it. only problem is i really have no idea how. all iknow is i dont want to have to root it because i think i will mess it up. so if there is any way to update like ota or something please let me know how thanks

It should just be a case of going into the settings and manually checking for a system update.
menu/settings/about phone/system software updates.

I assume you are not currently rooted, so this will work for you.
Your phone is not automatically detecting the update, so you will need to manually update it (no rooting required! :) )
Download this file. update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Place it on your SD card (make sure it isn't in any folders, though! Very important!)

Now that this file is on your SD card and your SD card is in your phone, take the battery out of your phone and put it back in so your phone is completely off.

Now hold down the volume down, power, and camera buttons. You will go to the stock updating tool.

Select "apply update.zip"
Boom! Your phone is now updating :)

PS,
In the stock recovery, I believe you use volume up and volume down to navigate the menu, and either the menu soft key, the camera button, or the voice command button to select. Just test which one works, it won't harm your phone!

Glad to help,

-Cooper

I assume you are not currently rooted, so this will work for you.
Your phone is not automatically detecting the update, so you will need to manually update it (no rooting required! :) )
Download this file. update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Place it on your SD card (make sure it isn't in any folders, though! Very important!)

Now that this file is on your SD card and your SD card is in your phone, take the battery out of your phone and put it back in so your phone is completely off.

Now hold down the volume down, power, and camera buttons. You will go to the stock updating tool.

Boom! Your phone is now updating :)

PS,
In the stock recovery, I believe you use volume up and volume down to navigate the menu, and either the menu soft key, the camera button, or the voice command button to select. Just test which one works, it won't harm your phone!

Glad to help,

-Cooper

ooook so i just did that and now my phone is stuck saying downloading and the bar isnt moving and its been about 10 min and it says DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET......now what to do

I'm sure you've figured it out already, sorry for the late reply, but just wait for it :P it is after all updating your operating system...

I'm sure you've figured it out already, sorry for the late reply, but just wait for it :P it is after all updating your operating system...

nope i havent but i put that folder onto my sd card my question is do i boot into recovery mode or to the "download mode"....and how long should it take

The update.zip isn't in any folder, it is just on your SD card?

You are going into recovery mode *not* download mode.

Turn your phone off and hold down power, volume down, and camera.

and wait for it to finish installing. It may take 20 minutes or longer.

SOVLED THE PROBLEM..........all i did was do a factory reset went to settings and update and update droid and the next thing i knew it started to download simple as that. anyone else with a problem similar to mine try this.

Back
Top Bottom