• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with mms on BH_MAN 1.6 R2...Please!

behold_this

Android Expert
hey guys I am still using BH_MAN 1.6 R2 and I want to try to fix the mms issue on it. now i know you all will say to update to a new release, but here is why i don't want to do that...i have been using this build exclusively since it was released and it is incredibly stable. the only issue is the mms and i'm getting almost three days of battery life with little use and 28 hours with normal use.

i have gotten mms to work...sort of. i removed the app that came with the build (because no matter what it would not send mms) and installed the moddified stock mms app from xda. this works for sending pictures now, but it will fc a lot and i always get fc on boot up. i use handcent ontop of this now, but i constantly need to launch the stock mms to get pictures to send or receive.

my question is how can i fix this issue? are all the fc's because the mms is not installed to /system/app? i installed it using astro and the app was installed with all my other market apps.

if your only advice is to update then thanx but thats not the help i'm looking for. i just need to know it there is an app or settings i can change to fix this. R2 IS TOO STABLE TO MOVE ON FROM! there are NO other problems besides this one. any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW i have no use for a2sd so could careless about missing out on it, and i also have no problem toggling debugging to get root so don't care about that either.

@BH_MAN is there anyway you could get me the mms apk from your 1.6 R1 build? that mms app worked perfectly but i cannot find that exact one to download. Thanx for your help!

Back
Top Bottom