• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some expert help guys

Chevyman1580

Jan 18, 2013
Hammond Louisian
Been looking and reading and my brain is about to fry. All these phone I understand different carriers have different SPH-L710,SPH-I747 etc....
What's the difference in them all. Just gonna use this phone on wifi so don't care about the carrier at this time. Just wanna make sure it has the quad core and not dual. Thank you

All of the American version are the dual core A15, while the international is the quadcore A9. You won't notice a huge difference between them because the A15 chip is much more advanced than the A9. But if you insist on the quad core, you're looking for the I9300 as far as model number goes. That's a GSM phone without LTE, so it will only work on AT&T and T-Mobile if you ever decide to activate it.

Reactions: Chevyman1580
Upvote 0
Looking at this one now
Look at this on eBay:

Brand New UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747 16GB Marble White AT&T

http://bit.ly/10eCI6W

That would certainly accomplish what you want. The reason I say try swappa is that it isn't auction based. So if you wanted one tonight, and found one in your price range, you could buy it right then and there.

Upvote 0
Aparently the gt-i9300 original global version, no 4g, quad core, 1gb ram... is selling at same price as the gt-i9305: quad core 2gb ram, 4g now so id go for that for the extra ram.... who knows what apps the future will bring, will they need more cores or more ram? Id rather have both.
The gt-i9300 is a bit faster than the US ones but it really is neglegable.
Why not just go for whats cheapest? :)

Reactions: Chevyman1580
Upvote 0
Aparently the gt-i9300 original global version, no 4g, quad core, 1gb ram... is selling at same price as the gt-i9305: quad core 2gb ram, 4g now so id go for that for the extra ram.... who knows what apps the future will bring, will they need more cores or more ram? Id rather have both.
The gt-i9300 is a bit faster than the US ones but it really is neglegable.
Why not just go for whats cheapest? :)

Perhaps it would be good for the ram, but I suspect that the I-9305 lte wouldn't be compatible with AT&T. Do you happen to know the radio frequency for the LTE on that phone?

Upvote 0
I'm just gitting the phone to play with not sure if I will ever use it for a phone. But the people I talk to tell me it will change ya. That's why I'm looking more for AT&T just in case.

Getting the I9300 or I9305 will still allow you to use it on AT&T for everything except LTE. So you will still be able to use voice, text, and data up to 4g hspa+21. Getting the AT&T version will allow you to use everything else and also include 4g lte. It's not much of a difference though so I'd still look for the best deal you can find.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones