• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need some help with Google apps not working

So the title pretty much says it all. Essentially all my Google Apps that I use regularly are not working. Months back Google+ would pop up constantly about it not responding, or the like. Play Store won't even load and sits on a blank white screen when opened. Youtube has recently done nothing but load forever when opened. Now Google maps won't even load anything on it, the map is blank, can't route anything, etc. Also I can't access the photos app at all for months, just crashes when opened.

So those are the major apps that are affected, all Google related. I have had slow downs and crashes in general lately... But yeah. I tried all the basic, clear cache, data (can't remove and reinstall the above apps obviously) things with no changes. I'm kinda at my witts end and getting sick of these essential apps not working. Especially YouTube and Maps... And Photos was great when it worked for backing up.

I'm on the fence about a Factory Reset, if it'll even help. So I'm coming here for help as one of my last options, so I'm hoping someone can help.

Did you clear cache and data on Google Play services (I assume that was included in your statement above, but wanted to make sure). You can try one other thing before a factory reset, although I think the factory reset will be your best option. Try doing a simulated battery pull. This is done on the Nexus 5 by holding down the power button. Ignore the pop-up menu that includes shut down and keep holding the power button until the Nexus 5 spontaneously reboots. That *might* clear things up. If it doesn't-- factory reset.

Go to settings>storage>apps>Google play services>uninstall update>open chrome browser- type- in google search box ,Google play services update- hit - results- see google play services emblem - tap- see - Google play store emblem - tap ,see notification for Google play services update ,tap here finished, play services will be updated.

Back
Top Bottom