• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nest Protect Alerts In DND Mode

Mr. Glass

Hello,

I have a Nexus 5X and am running stock Android. I use a Nest Protect and would like to receive smoke and carbon monoxide alerts even when my phone is in Do Not Disturb mode at night.

I don't see this option in the DND settings, but have seen something on other Android phones that allow for specific apps to generate audible alerts while in DND.

Do I have an options with my 5X that don't require rooting?

Best Regards,
Glass

how does the alert arrive?
if it is SMS, that is an easy fix with most SMS apps. You go into the Notifications controls in the app for that specific incoming SMS and choose 'over-ride' silent mode.

or, you can use a macro that will listen for a message that contains specific words, and the Macro can over-ride anything. I use this myself.

how does the alert arrive?
if it is SMS, that is an easy fix with most SMS apps. You go into the Notifications controls in the app for that specific incoming SMS and choose 'over-ride' silent mode.

or, you can use a macro that will listen for a message that contains specific words, and the Macro can over-ride anything. I use this myself.

Thanks for the quick reply! The notification comes from within the app itself, no SMS. It may be capable of sending an email also, but ideally I would like to receive the in-app sound.

IF, your phone has Android version 6.0 you can specify that particular app has FULL rights to do anything.
once you do that, it will do what you want.

I am assuming that you are not turning off data and wifi?

On my Nexus 6P, I can go to Settings > Notifications > app_name_here > Override Do Not Disturb. As long as you then set DND to "Priority Only" (rather than "Alarms Only" or "Total Silence") that app should then be able to generate alerts.

Is that option available for you?

Back
Top Bottom