• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

netflix

same here on my rooted streak 5... I changed my build.prop settings back to dell streak, dell Inc. and it still works perfect

this will now work on NON rooted streaks since you no longer have to edit the build.prop file to trick the app supporting another device... Netflix 1.3 can now be side loaded using adw launcher, enable side loading (app settings -> unknown sources) on a non rooted streak, download and install 1.3 and enjoy the app without chipmunk speed and without the shifted color problems - works great and video looks amazing on the streak!!!

**edit** sorry actually ADB launcher works, wasnt sure which Launcher I used before I rooted my streak to enable side loading - hope this helps!

In the past Netflix wouldn't load to my Streak, but the other day I noticed the "install" button in the market when I did a sync. It installed cleanly and I was able to use it without any issues.

I watched some video on Wifi without any issues, on 3G I watched about 30 minutes of a TV show, it buffered about every 3 minutes, but played ok. It used allot of band width though, using about 25% of my 200M monthly allocation in just 30 minutes.

Now my Streak does everything I need and then Samsung announces a bigger phone :D

Back
Top Bottom