• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Arrival Checklist?

htmlcssguru

Jun 28, 2010
Either this afternoon or tomorrow my 2 EVO's arrive. Of course i'm excited in anticipation of having all these new features and can't wait to show it off. BUT! With the discrepancies and various issues being reported i'm wondering if it would be wise to have a 'checklist' of things to look for as it's being 'unboxed' and set up that would/could warrant either a return or an inquiry into tech support. Obviously the first hour is like Christmas morning so I don't want to just be 'star struck' and not notice some things that need to be examined.

Issues reported by other owners include:

• light leakage
  • dust under the screen
  • phone rebooting without warning
  • etc.
So, my question is not really a question, per se, but more of a request that a checklist be compiled outlining the things to look for that otherwise we may not even notice initially or have the heads up to even think about. Things that others didn't realize until 2-3 weeks later when they actually used a function for the first time, for example.

Obviously I would physically inspect each phone for cracks, etc. But, like I said, alot of people didn't know they had light leakage until they actually went into a dark room/area and noticed it. So, let's start with taking it out of the box then powering up for the first time, etc.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones