• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New ATT Security Update Received

karman

Just received an Android security dated 8-1-16 on my ATT S5. Had to clear out cache and some more stuff as it needed 738MB more of room to install. Had hoped it was Marshmallow, but it was not. Oh well.

I have Att and my note 5 got marshmallow last month, I did get update today but that was something else not sure why you guys don't have marshmallow yet and here I was thinking I was late

I have Att and my note 5 got marshmallow last month, I did get update today but that was something else not sure why you guys don't have marshmallow yet and here I was thinking I was late

Duh! Because this is the Galaxy S5 forum and not the the Galaxy S5 Note forum. The AT&T Galaxy S5 Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, has only just started to roll out. :):)

Duh! Because this is the Galaxy S5 forum and not the the Galaxy S5 Note forum. The AT&T Galaxy S5 Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, has only just started to roll out. :):)
How much room is needed on S5 to do the update? Mine says delete some files or photos. I have 3.77 GB of internal room now. May have to wait 24 hours to retry the update.

dunno exactly,

I just deleted a few of the scoungy apps I had, did the update, then restored the apps.

Mine did update this am when I turned phone on. Now to get everything back to what I had before. Didn't take very long to do which surprised me.

Usually these updates get pushed, but mine didn't start until I went looking for an update. Says it's 895.15MB. I think I already got the 738MB update two weeks ago.

EDIT: Turns out that 895.15 MB was Android 6.0.1 Finally. It just said security update before the download. Didn't reveal what it really was until it was ready to install. I had read people reporting Marshmallow to be over 1 GB. I wonder if AT&T has been downloading it piecemeal, with each one just called "security update". Hmm...

Last edited:
That must be. Mine wouldn't let me check for update again for 22 hours. But during night it must have finished download, because was ready to install when I got up next morning. Didn't take very long to install either.

Back
Top Bottom