• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New boost plans

Screenshot

Attachments

• 1443683309774.jpg
    1443683309774.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 307
If I switch from one Growing Data plan to another, will I keep the data I’ve earned on my Boost Unlimited Plans with Growing Data?
Yes, if you want to change from a $35 plan to a $45 plan, you will retain your data benefits. However, if you change from a $45 plan to a $35 plan, you will lose any data rewards you have accumulated while on your $45 plan and the Growing data counter will start over when you select the $35/mo. Plan.

If I switch phones, will I keep the Data I’ve earned on my Growing Data plans?
Yes, if you upgrade your phone you can still continue to take advantage of the growing data benefits.

More: Boost Growing Data FAQ

Being Scr - - ed by Boost???
I am currently on $35 month 5 gb plan with LGVolt was considering buying new phone ZTE Elite

Just spoke to BM They are saying
#1 They wont reduce my pymts to $30 even though I am on auto pay and long ago have had consistant monthly pymts. Im being told that to get $30 plan I need to start at beginning with 2 gb and work my way up to 5 gb
Then Im told that even if I stay with this $35 5 gb plan if I buy a new phone I cant keep this plan anyway.....that it cant be switched to a new phone............I hope this is NOT WHAT THEY CONSIDER GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE..........Maybe it is time for Verizon

#1 is exactly what they advertise, you Start with 2GB and earn and extra 500mb with every 3 months ontime payment.

Are you on a grandfatherd shrinkage plan? Nobody gets credit for payments already made.

If you got the "Extra 2GB for life" add-on, you lose it if you change plans. They said that upfront.

Apparently not "grandfathered" so it seems like I forced to keep paying $35 I just feel I should be adjusted to $30 ............what really gets me fed up is that they are saying I cant keep current plan if I want a new phone

Must not be a valid Boot phone, you want to swap to.

You can swap your own phone (no human interaction) by phone prompts,
or online web page

I have done it several times, only 2 mins and a phone reboot........done

A valid Boost phone is a valid boost phone

You said you have a Volt, and you are switching TO a Volt?

You log in to Boost, choose Swap my Device - a valid phone takes 2 mins
Have done it myself dozens of times. Even used the call in phone prompts, still worked.
So what's not valid with your phone you want to swap to?
Owe balance, still listed on another account?

Swap.JPG

Ok this is a followup to what apparently is a totally stupid and rediculus way for Boost to treat long time customers....
1. Just to recap quickly have been customer since at least 2013
2. Currently have LG Volt purchased directly from Boost via website
3. Started with a shrinkage plan and after working $ amount to lowest possible.
4. A few months ago while discusing some service issues with a customer service rep from Boost for what I assumed was to keep me as a customer the rep took it upon themselves to switch me to a $35 5 gb extra data plan. I did not have an issue with it at the time.
HOWEVER NOW I am encountering the following from this company...I know Ive tried to explain this in other posts but I spent quite some time today on phone to Boost confirming this STUPIDITY

#1 even though I have been a long time customer they will not match $30 price of these new grow plans I am already on auto pay @ $35 mth for 5 gb Instead of just matching the price they say I would basically have to downgrade my data plan and pay for 18 months (1 1/2 yrs) to get back to 5 gb all of that just to save $90......should I threaten to walk on them for $90 (being sarcastic) of course as far as Im concerned it should be a no brainer from their end but they wont budge.
Ok now for next step in Boost Stupidity.....
I see that I can get a new phone which I would like to do was thinking of the ZTE WARP ELITE..according Boost Mobile site existing customers can get it for $79.99 at a Boost Store...Great Ive got a local Boost store near me....BUT according to 2 different reps from Boost I am told that (and here is where it gets confusing) I am grandfathered in with current plan and can keep it BUT CANT SWITCH it to a new phone if I bought one....According to them if I purchased a new phone I would have to switch to the grow plan.
I really feel like Im being J _ _ ked around. Cant get lower price for amt of data and cant upgrade phone without downgrading amount of data.

My apologies for rambling on.......Maybe some one from Boost Mobile is watching these threads and would like to comment.

Thank you

It sounds like you are the one being unreasonable.

According to you, Boost should just do it because you want them to.
I'm not trying to come off as a jerk, but in the words of Chris Carter COME ON MAN!

Well I dont think Im being unreasonable as for first point while it would certainly be good customer service to match monthly price it is what it is. It certainly didnt hurt to ask. So I would stick nwith current plan. Even I would say saving a whopping $90 in a year and a half .....not worth crying over that...........But to be told that I cant keep current plan because I want a better phone...sorry that I do feel is wrong

Been a customer since 2011, what ever happened to their unlimited data. First I remember no throttle, then they started throttling your data if you went over 2GB in a month. Now they don't even have unlimited data? I didn't even realize this since I have been on WiFi for the most part. When did this happen?

Yeah saw that. I remember I had unlimited for 55 a few years ago, then it would go down to 45 if you made so many on time payments. I guess more people switching to prepaid making them have to charge more for it.

Yeah saw that. I remember I had unlimited for 55 a few years ago, then it would go down to 45 if you made so many on time payments. I guess more people switching to prepaid making them have to charge more for it.
The shrinkage plan you are referring to was for 2.5 gigs of high speed data at which point you would get throttled down to 2g speeds. Now people have a choice depending on their needs so they can pay for a plan that fits their needs.

I pay 45 for 5 gigs,plus i get 2 extra gigs of high speed data for free from a promotion they were running not long ago.
I can get by using 5 gigs of high speed data a month easily but the extra 2 gigs means i got a little more if i need it before the throttle kicls in.

The shrinkage plan you are referring to was for 2.5 gigs of high speed data at which point you would get throttled down to 2g speeds. Now people have a choice depending on their needs so they can pay for a plan that fits their needs.

I pay 45 for 5 gigs,plus i get 2 extra gigs of high speed data for free from a promotion they were running not long ago.
I can get by using 5 gigs of high speed data a month easily but the extra 2 gigs means i got a little more if i need it before the throttle kicls in.

That's not a bad deal. But there used to not be a throttle. I remember they implemented it around the end of 2012. So for a while I was getting truly unlimited for 45...

That's not a bad deal. But there used to not be a throttle. I remember they implemented it around the end of 2012. So for a while I was getting truly unlimited for 45...
You gotta pay 60 for that now,but it is still comparable to other MVNO's

Back
Top Bottom