• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new BOOST version SYSTEM UPDATE

theonexxx

Mar 28, 2013
Check out 'LG G Stylo software update - version LS770ZV5'

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/214582

Got this pushed OTA today. With last update screwin with root..thought id throw this out there for more experienced peeps to comb through. I understand the stagefright stuff...but there are other things included. Holdn off to install since ive sent phone back once already for rma....n i dont wanna lose root...again. Thanks

After an entire day..i got my (boost) stylo running with the ZV5 update. Being rooted (or perhaps the method of root) was the culprit for repeated "FAILED" installation. i was able to break root via this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/official-boost-lg-g-stylo-unbrick-guide-t3201406.
(i tried to re-root phone here, (both methods in our root section) to no avail. no driver would actually show me my COM#).
Next was to re-download/install the update. install took a solid 8-10 mins..was very slow. phone rebooted, all was well.
After getting initial things up and running, i tried the manual version of our root again..only to be suprised that my COM# returned. After following the rest of the steps, was up and running on a (boost) LG G Stylo, fully rooted, and on ZV5.
I dont see (yet) anything really "new"..as the update deals more with patching the stagefright expliot. keep ya posted.
I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS! ALL CREDIT to 6th_Hokage for me being able to actually break the root, and 6th_Hokage and Unjustified Dev for the root process. Thanks GUYS

edit: this is a ONE TIME ONLY fix. i just cant stop fiddling, now its cost me a phone. it seems somehow the ZV5 update "stiks". i tried unrooting again with above method. the factory image will not allow me to boot...i have "SECURITY ERROR" on LG boot screen. seems once you take the update, there is NO GOING BACK (just like the 5.0.2-5.1.1 update) . Although, unless your like me..just tinkerin with what you can or CAN NOT do...theres no reason to go back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what can i say...your r da man. i would thank you on XDA...but i cant post there...sumfin bout 10 posts. anyhoo...THANK YOU. phone is still runnin strong. i dwnloaded ur system.img....should i give it a trial run? or are you 100% certain its gold? testing is NO problem man..

Upvote 0
what can i say...your r da man. i would thank you on XDA...but i cant post there...sumfin bout 10 posts. anyhoo...THANK YOU. phone is still runnin strong. i dwnloaded ur system.img....should i give it a trial run? or are you 100% certain its gold? testing is NO problem man..

The sytem.img is for unbricking and keeping your data ;)

Reactions: theonexxx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones