• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MtnbikerChk

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
I used to order cables from Monoprice (and I've never had a problem) but I've recently become aware of how crucial it is to be careful with usb type C cables.

I do really like the fast charging with the cable that came with my 5x. What fast charging cables/adapters are safe to use?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I live in Mexico so I don't have the choice of cables and chargers that are available in the U.S. and, presumably, in Europe. I use my old chargers and they work fine but do not give fast charging. A couple of my older chargers got quite warm charging my Nexus 5x so I gave them to friends. I bought a couple of new 3.0 amp chargers and they seem to work as well as the charger that came with my Nexus 5x. I use cables rate USB 3.0 and 3.1 and haven't had any problems.

I still have a couple of old chargers and USB micro cables for charging my Kindles.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones