• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New details about rollout of LTE

Same specs as EVO 3D, I rather keep my EVO and wait for the HTC EVO lte.

My guess is that the iPhone 5 will be released at the same time; it was revealed when the iPhone 5 was released that there are SKUs for a Virgin Mobile version. Don't know why Virgin wouldn't sell it once they open up LTE.

I'm sure whether people want to upgrade to the Victory or not may have a lot to do if they have access to LTE. If you live in an area with LTE it will be a nice upgrade, if not there are equal or even better phones for less money.

My guess is that the iPhone 5 will be released at the same time; it was revealed when the iPhone 5 was released that there are SKUs for a Virgin Mobile version. Don't know why Virgin wouldn't sell it once they open up LTE.

Probably, and that is likely one of the reasons Virgin reduced the iPhone's prices by $200 a few days ago.

Probably, and that is likely one of the reasons Virgin reduced the iPhone's prices by $200 a few days ago.

Well they dropped prices on almost every phone available, including reducing the Evo V to a remarkable $150. People complain about the limited coverage of WiMax but in reality it currently has a larger footprint than Sprints LTE coverage so it's not really an exciting prospect for Virgin.

Well they dropped prices on almost every phone available, including reducing the Evo V to a remarkable $150. People complain about the limited coverage of WiMax but in reality it currently has a larger footprint than Sprints LTE coverage so it's not really an exciting prospect for Virgin.

LTE is not exciting for VM? That's crazy talk.

Everyone is advertising LTE (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T) so consumers know that's "the best" and that's what they think they want. When VM can say "Hey, look, we've got LTE!" it will add a bunch of punch to their marketing and make it easier for consumers to decide to take the plunge.

By the Time VM gets LTE, I'm confident that the Sprint LTE network will be bigger than Clearwire's WiMax network and the Sprint LTE coverage within each city (especially in-building) will be far superior to WiMax's spotty coverage.

More marketing punch? Better coverage? The latest technology that everyone wants? Faster downloads? That's exciting as hell. :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom