• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New DSP Manager or Otherwise

EHokie

Android Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Using CM7 Reloaded I have played around with the audio quality a lot. I've flashed the Beats Audio files and found they do improve the sound quality if ever so slightly. The only problem is with the onboard DSP sound manager. If I use its bass boost at all (which I do to produce nice bass-y music), then it seems to distort the sound tremendously.

On the other hand, when using the Equalizer app by Smart Android Apps (I think?) the bass boost works much more clearly and sounds nice. I have to freeze DSP using link2sd so it doesn't keep force closing of course. The problem is that it applies the effects of the eg which I have set louder to accommodate for our volume bug and the bass boost to the speaker as well, unlike DSP where you can set them seperately.

Anyone know of a way to get the best of both?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones