• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Google Pixel XL user

oaklane

Android Enthusiast
I just got today my new phone Pixel XL - on my Motorola Turbo, I could drag an icon from my desktop ontop of others and create like a folder on the desktop. Can I do that still with this phone? I tried and the Messenger + app won't do it. Also how can I wake it up without pushing the power button?

Yes, if you place an icon onto another icon on your homescreen, it will create a folder.

To wake without pushing the power button, you can use the fingerprint sensor, or just double tap the screen (assuming you have the double tap gesture enabled in settings/moves - you can also try the lift to wake gesture in the same place)

Yes, if you place an icon onto another icon on your homescreen, it will create a folder.

To wake without pushing the power button, you can use the fingerprint sensor, or just double tap the screen (assuming you have the double tap gesture enabled in settings/moves - you can also try the lift to wake gesture in the same place)
Thank you, I do have the double tap enabled. It doesn't work everytime but it's probably because of where I'm tapping.

Also I was trying to assign a ring tone that I recorded to one of my contacts and it the recorded sound I want doesn't come up when I try to assign a ringtone. It works for all other sounds but this one that I recorded.

Thank you, I do have the double tap enabled. It doesn't work everytime but it's probably because of where I'm tapping.

Also I was trying to assign a ring tone that I recorded to one of my contacts and it the recorded sound I want doesn't come up when I try to assign a ringtone. It works for all other sounds but this one that I recorded.
All set - I converted it from a wav to MP3.

Back
Top Bottom