• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Install of Wicked S5 Xperence huge boot.img

techmanc

Hi
Its been long time since I been posting here and hopefully can get some help with my Galaxy S3 I still using. I did post in another thread about the problems I was having with my battery draining down fast and I will post that link here.
So after still not able to get my Conquest Singularity working right I installed the Wicked S5 Xperence V2.2 and during that time realized there had to be some problem with the KT Tweaker and with new ROM am able to fix boot up problems and get KT Tweaker to add a new setting that are sticking reboot so it not having any fast battery drain problems atm.

However I just tried doing a couple Nandroid Backups with new setup and I getting a 12.gb boot image and no clue why its happening or how to fix it.

I just looked at one of my last backups using NB and its only 10mb and I deleted a ton of old programs I was using so new backups should be smaller not bigger.

My last backup using old ROM was 3.4gb new backup is 16.47

So how do I fix this not seen any info online for this problem and is this place still best place to post this or should I use XDA?

Here is my earlier post on the battery problem that started this whole thread!

http://androidforums.com/threads/galaxy-s3-weird-battery-phone-problem.912294/#post-6961268

Alright I fixed that problem by changing my Nandroid Backup setting to proper phone type as it was using a G5 setup instead of my G3 patch which was added when I installed the Wicked ROM.

I also used these tweaks on my phone

Always do the following AFTER installing the kernel:
1. Clear cache
2. Clear dalvik
3. Fix Permissions

Must do the above Use the included ktweaker app to make all your adjustments

I added a very reserved setting with KT Tweaker "Bless The Child V3" and testing last night power only dropped 20% in 8hrs so I can now not worry about phone dieing on me when I need to go places and take my phone!!:p

I going to stick with new Wicked ROM as right now the phone has no errors running like my old setup was having so by by Conquest Singularity it was fun while it lasted!
160x160x1f44e-thumbs-up-sign-apple-new-2015.png.pagespeed.ic.TNjNK5YvLP.png
160x160x1f44e-thumbs-up-sign-apple-new-2015.png.pagespeed.ic.TNjNK5YvLP.png

Well the battery drain problem is back and its seems to be from using a few apps thats temp going up and I can feel phone getting warmer as phone is losing power.

Also the Android Systems is taking main part of the drainage at 32% which is associated with a ton of functions so no way to force it to turn off.

I believe one app is causing the problem and why I want to find it as if I get another phone it will most likely be another G3 and would be setup same as my current phone which could end up having the same drainage problem

Last edited:
I finally have all my drainage problems fixed and still using Wicked-S5-Xperience-v2.2 as my default system.
I setup KT Tweaker to default setup and even though there are setting listed elsewhere I am happy as the these setting give a half day and still have 40% battery power and with new charger and cable phone charges up fast so this will hold me over until I get an upgraded phone.

Back
Top Bottom