• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Razr Maybe

mlg2919

Don't post often, but really thankful for all the knowledge shared on this site. I am moving from a BB storm2 and somewhat technical, but not to the level of most of the posters on this site and have some questions about the Razr before I make the big switch.:)

Dropping signal issue, has this been resolved or still an issue? This would be a killer for me.:(

Power button issues, hard to use? causing other issues?

Battery, will this be a problem with GPS on most of the time, travel a lot and need weather, Nav, and Poynt info.

Speaker rattle noise, has this been resolved?

Random reboots? Is this a phone or application issue?

I look forward to the responses and getting my 1st android.:eek:

Do not start doing research on a phone by reading about all the issues people have. You just enumerated issues posted by a few people, who says you will be affected by any of them?

No signal dropping for me - no 4G either thoguh.
Power button i as good as power buttons go. It is just a button, nothing else.
I hope you are not planning on using GPS without a power source connected. If you are, you will be surprised. GPS sucks power like nothing else.
Never had any rattle.
There has been one report of random reboots, I have not had a single one in two weeks. reboot your phone every 2-3 days and you will be fine.

Do not start doing research on a phone by reading about all the issues people have. You just enumerated issues posted by a few people, who says you will be affected by any of them?

No signal dropping for me - no 4G either thoguh.
Power button i as good as power buttons go. It is just a button, nothing else.
I hope you are not planning on using GPS without a power source connected. If you are, you will be surprised. GPS sucks power like nothing else.
Never had any rattle.
There has been one report of random reboots, I have not had a single one in two weeks. reboot your phone every 2-3 days and you will be fine.

Plenty of signal drops here (4G and 3G only)
Power button registers twice sometimes, causing lock screen to come on immediately after I put it to sleep

No rattles here, no reboots or serious stability issues. It does get very hot quickly. GPS is good, but kills battery.

Battery life in general is just awful.

Thanks for the relies. Is there an EASY way to turn GPS on/off or do you have to go through multiple menus?

Download the app Quick Settings, put the icon on your home screen and then once you click on the icon you can have one-click buttons for many different settings on the phone. There are also one click widgets that can turn BT on and off too.

I like ... GPS On-Off ... free from CurveFish. (It is also in their widget pack that is a donation.)

I tired a lot of widgets and the CurveFish widget pack is what I settled on.

... Thom

You can also use the built in power control Widget which is a bar that has toggles for wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, sync, and brightness control. P.s. not a single prob with my razr! No heat, no reboot, just great!

Thanks, I will look at and try the widgets. I have a really dumb question. When you put the phone in the car dock to use it as a GPS Nav system, can you plug it in to 12v to ensure you keep the battery up?

After reading this and 4 other forums, I am going to wait on getting the Razr, sure hope the rumored firmware update happens and takes care of all the rebooting issues as well as the lost signal issues.:D Those two problems are killers!:( Thanks to everyone for the feedback, but I just want a phone that works!!!!!

After reading this and 4 other forums, I am going to wait on getting the Razr, sure hope the rumored firmware update happens and takes care of all the rebooting issues as well as the lost signal issues.:D Those two problems are killers!:( Thanks to everyone for the feedback, but I just want a phone that works!!!!!

I Havnt had any issues with mine and I had it since pre order. Check out ANY phone, even apple, and there are people who have 8 problems, and people who experienced zero issues.

Rebooting issues? One person reported it so far in here!

Lost signal? Have not had it once in the three weeks I have had the phone.

Back
Top Bottom