• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New rooted phone :)

xkillswitchx23

Hey guys i just rooted my phone and i dont really know what all i can do with my phone now. so if you guys can just post replys on some new apps i can use and different things i can now do! Thanks

Ok, we'll start at the beginning. You flash the kernel to give you root access, and some addons and fixes (Overclocking, which you've experienced, and undervolting are a couple).
ROMs add on some things, and apply more fixes (JIT, 3D gallery, live wallpapers etc.)
Themes change the look of your phone. Sometimes they come with a little bit of stuff like widgets and apps.
You put these in /sdx/zip on your sd card, boot to custom recovery, clear the dalvik cache (under advanced options) and flash the zip.

My favorite apps include:
ADW Launcer Ex
Xscope web browser
Cachemate (root required)
Titanium Backup (root required)
Wifi Thether (root required)
There are many, many more but these are just the ones from the top of my head.

Oh, and I almost forgot!
Before you flash anything, it's a good idea to deodex. You can deodex manually but its laborious. You can just flash the file here: http://forum.sdx-developers.com/transform-2-2-themes/eb28-stock-theme-template-(deodexed)/
make sure to follow all directions. AND DON'T FORGET TO CLEAR THE DALVIK CACHE!!!!!!

Ok, we'll start at the beginning. You flash the kernel to give you root access, and some addons and fixes (Overclocking, which you've experienced, and undervolting are a couple).
ROMs add on some things, and apply more fixes (JIT, 3D gallery, live wallpapers etc.)
Themes change the look of your phone. Sometimes they come with a little bit of stuff like widgets and apps.
You put these in /sdx/zip on your sd card, boot to custom recovery, clear the dalvik cache (under advanced options) and flash the zip.

My favorite apps include:
ADW Launcer Ex
Xscope web browser
Cachemate (root required)
Titanium Backup (root required)
Wifi Thether (root required)
There are many, many more but these are just the ones from the top of my head.

Oh, and I almost forgot!
Before you flash anything, it's a good idea to deodex. You can deodex manually but its laborious. You can just flash the file here: EB28 Stock theme template (deodexed)
make sure to follow all directions. AND DON'T FORGET TO CLEAR THE DALVIK CACHE!!!!!!

I believe i already did that deodex thing. is there anyway you can tell forsure that yyou did it?

I believe i already did that deodex thing. is there anyway you can tell forsure that yyou did it?

You could check do see if you have any .odex files I saw a post on where they're located a while back on SDX for manually deodexing. But it wouldn't do any harm to reflash it again, just in case.

ok and how to you get the 3d gallery?
im trying to flash the 2.2. vanilla froyo rom but it wont let me move the .zip into the sdx/zip folder :/

That's a HUGE bug with the Transform. I have a rather long guide on it. But try switching USB ports first. If not try putting your SD directly in your computer.

Just put my usb into the computer and the first error it says is "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click ok to continue"
i have no idea what that means.... God im so lost

Sometimes it does. I have mine to clean the cache every three hours so it takes less time. Also it seems like it takes longer for power clear to work (could be just my imagination).

Back
Top Bottom