• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New SMS App - QKSMS

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
I thought this might interest some of you guys, since I have been a little unhappy with the messaging app on this phone. Nothing crazy, I just don't like the way it does pop-up notifications.

This dev is working on a new sms app that looks very promising:

[Dev] Hi there! Have you met QKSMS? : Android

Disclaimer: most people probably won't want to use it full time yet because mms isn't fully working.

Some things I really like about it so far:

-great color themes
-night mode
-really nice, fully featured quick reply
-seems fast
-doesn't break the voicemail app(an issue I had on my previous phone with thirdy party messaging apps)

Even, if it's not ready for primetime yet, it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

It's a shame that I still can't get this app to work properly because it just keeps getting better and better.

I think there is a general issue with using third party mms programs with virgin mobile, especially newer 4g virgin phones.

Anyone know anything more about this?

What problem specifically? I have a problem with MMS and LTE only if I don't update the prl/profile, but it's not a third party app issue.

I've tried a few third party sms apps (8sms, qksms) and both of them can send and receive texts but not mms messages.

Hi
I'm really after an app that allows me to send and receive SMS from any (all my) device(s). MySMS shows threaded conversations and will send SMS PROVIDING the REGISTERED CELLPHONE is "ON NETWORK", Pushbullet NEARLY does the same in a different way.

Both fail due to Service Providers not making their SMS Servers available!

I can't see why not I'd have to pay for the messages, as is I just don't use my allowance and email instead.

I cant see much about QKSMS without joining another google group and giving the evil G+ even more data to chomp.

Back
Top Bottom