• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New system Update 24.3.7.en.US

SNeitzel

Android Enthusiast
Woke up this morning (1/20/2015) and had a message to install a system update.

Backing things up now and will let everyone kn0ow how things go.

No issues on install, not sure what is different yet...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-20-10-51-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-20-10-51-02.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_2015-01-20-10-51-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-20-10-51-15.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 135
My phone seems to perform better after this update. The last update coincided with a change in work locations for me so I wasn't sure what was causing my battery problems. I selectively removed some apps that liked to send data too much, but could still have issues of a hot phone when leaving the presence of a WIFI network and returning to 4G.

All of that hot phone business seems to be gone now and my extreme battery capacity is back to normal.

Honestly, my battery us better, too, and that surprised me.

Some of it, though, may be that the upgrade did a cache wipe.

I also seem to have better battery life than before. I thought it was anecdotal, I have not had as much text message traffic recently, but maybe not...
Currently 2d 22h 29m 14s on a full charge with 35% remaining
Previously, I could easily go 2 days but would be in the 20s to teens at the end of day 2.

It could be coincidental, but my Maxx seems to automatically connect to the BT adapter in my car after taking this update. Before the update, it would connect by itself as soon as I started the car about 95% of the time, and when it failed to connect, a quick reboot would usually get things going again. After the update, I get successful automatic connections more like 60% of the time and a reboot may or may not help...

It's just a small patch to the Advanced Calling update and "stability improvements". Neither Verizon nor Motorola has specified any more detail than that.

Verizon almost always has a change log that they post for these:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/droid-ultra-max-1-14-15.pdf
Hi
I installed the update successfully this morning and noticed no difference..that said, what exactly is Advanced Calling and how can I access it on my Maxx? Thx!

Hi
I installed the update successfully this morning and noticed no difference..that said, what exactly is Advanced Calling and how can I access it on my Maxx? Thx!
Advanced Calling is what Verizon calls Voice over LTE, a form of VoIP that uses Verizon's LTE network. You have to add the free feature yo your account either at My Verizon on the web, or by calling Verizon to add the feature. After that, you add it to the Maxx from Settings / More...

Here is some more information about Advanced Calling from Verizon's web site: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/advanced-calling-faqs/

Here is where to add Advanced Calling to your account: https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/accountholder/services/viewFeatures.action

Just was wondering if Lollipop 5.0
will be offered soon for my Maxx..
A lot of confusion I don't understand on another thread about it...

Back
Top Bottom