• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android and EVENT, need advice with rooting and bloatware, etc.

OK, I've had this phone for about 6 weeks now and for the price it can't be beat with what it does (I paid $27 and it's on sale now at Radioshack for $14!- NO complaints).

I got a JAVA emulator and GBA emulator running on this and it's a great little phone. Who knew 25 years ago you'd be able to play the NES Dr. Mario, ported to a Game Boy Advance, then emulated on a phone that would be smaller than a game boy LOL.

There is however some stuff I'd like to remove i.e. Essential ID pack, excess Google junk, etc. I never installed the Essentials pack, and I'm greeted with it's obnoxious downloading screen and activation every time the phone is rebooted, plus whatever junk the phone gets shipped with that I'll never use that's constantly running in the background like swype and Google play, Google music, etc. The standard android keyboard is fine, so why are we forced to have swype still running in the background??

Anyways, from what I've read, I'd need to root the phone to truly REMOVE some of these annoying apps? What's the pinnacle rooting method that works without issues? If possible, I'd like to root, remove unneeded apps, then go back to being rooted if it means less issues down the road. Is that possible? Also, what apps can be safely removed w/o issues? Does rooting bring up an actual "uninstall button" for say the Essentials pack? Or do you just delete it manually? Will the phone hiccup if you just delete something like that? i.e. try to run it anyways at boot up, throw an error, then move on? I'd like everything to be as clean as possible.

Back
Top Bottom