• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

steveokinevo

Jan 14, 2013
hey everyone, just switched from my sprint epic 4g (flashed to metro) and now i have a GS2 from boost mobile and it seems pretty cool so far but i wanna put JB on it. is there any rom out there that i can simply flash on it and it will work without having to edit other things? ive looked around and cant find a for sure answer. if there are more steps, what are they/how to? thanks for the help.

so seein how im on stock fl22 can u link me to which fl04 rom i should use. also after the rom install will i be able to use the app get my msl to find that out? no need for any different kernals or modems or anything like that?

The app to get your msl doesn't work with the rom you have now nor the newer leaked JB roms. I got mine from Boost's automated help system. Some people have used logcat to find it.

this post has links to some ROMS. http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-boost-mobile-all-things-root/664543-forum-dead.html#post5348334

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
you can use that. if you experience any problem with apps you have downloaded from the play store, you may have to reinstall the app. If you want to start fresh with a clean install use the rooted restore(this is what I did for FK23), and then just re-downloaded apps (Google keeps record of apps you paid for so you can just download them again). There is a post foir MMS settings check that for the settings you need.
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...6-fix-working-mms-tw-jb-roms.html#post5273531

Upvote 0
still couldnt get it
if you have the app Alogcat, open it up. Once open, hit the home button on your phone to get out of the app (do not hit the back button). Now go to your dialer and type ##3282# (to access the place were you type the MSL). Hit the edit choice, this is where your MSL go so type 6 numbers (it doesn't matter if its wrong at this point). Once you get the error, hit the home button on your phone. Now open alogcat app, hit the search icon at the top and type MSL, now scoll down and you'll see a six digit number, that's your MSL. This is how i got mine so i hope this will help.

Upvote 0
ok, so i called and talked to a rep and got it. just had to tell them i was a dealer or else she wasnt gonna give it up. havent changed settings for mms yet though. but can some1 tell me why my signal as in 4G sucks now? i ended up having to do the rooted restore version of fl04. if its gonna continue to suck i just want stock boost rom back on it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones