• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New To Forum, Not So New To Android

SEMIJim

Android Enthusiast
Hi All,

May soon be in the market for my first smartphone and, since I plan it to be Android-based, figured this was the place to find out what's what.

Jim

Hi SEMIJim. Welcome to Android Forums. You will find these forums a great source for information that you can use to make an informed purchase when you get your Android phone. Just check out the discussion areas for the phones you have an interest in and do some reading. Feel free to ask questions about the phones if you don't find the information you are seeking. The friendly users will be happy to tell you all about their phones. Thanks for joining these forums and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome, have you decide what phone you will go with ?

Hi SEMIJim. Welcome to Android Forums.
Thanks, olbriar :)

Welcome, have you decide what phone you will go with ?
Thanks, DonB.

Well, I've always been partial to Motorola's phones, because they've tended to be built a bit more robustly than those of others. I had planned to go with a Photon (I'm with Sprint... currently), but just found out Sprint has discontinued it, with no successor.

So I'm now evaluating whether to switch to VZ for one of the RAZRs, or stick with Sprint and either buy a phone off eBay or buy a different manufacturer's product.

Jim

The Photon was a good phone, but its a bit dated.

I've always used the HTC phones on Sprints network, and I've loved em! :)

I have the Evo 4G LTE now and its a beast. Love it. There's also the Samsung Galaxy SIII, its really a decked out phone. Better specs than the LTEvo. Those two are probably the top of the line for sprint phones, and you can't loose with either one.

Good luck with your decision, let us know what you end up getting. :)

The Photon was a good phone, but its a bit dated.
LOL! It's only eight months old!

I have the Evo 4G LTE now and its a beast.
Oops! My bad. Should have mentioned I want it to be a world phone.

My Lord... I just clicked on the "international" option on Sprint's phone list... One Android world phone, and that's the Photon Q
shake.gif

Thanks,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom