• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to Root/Rom RAZR

matther22xdroid

Ok I know this has been asked before and talked about before but I can't exactly locate it. I just got the Droid Razr (came over from jailbroke ios) and I rooted but I'm having a hard time finding a ROM. I know I need safestrap 2.0 or above, can someone help me pick a smooth running ROM so that I can rid my phone of all this Verizon bloatware? Thanks for any replys!

Ok so on custom roms like the DROID HD can i reinstall my contacts form back up assistanst and still use camera and all that good stuff?

I've never used backup assistant (I keep everything backed up through Google).

Camera still functions on both of those ROMs

Great question. You've got to get them to google first... TBH, I'm not sure how you would do that (but we'll see if we can guess our way through it).

Try opening the people/contact app. Hit Menu - Import/Export... export to storage. From there you should be able to go to your contact manager on a computer (try this link... don't know if it'll work https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#contacts ) and import them. See if they show up. :)

If you download the 1.02-fixed version link (page 8 IIRC) it doesn't have the softkeys and it's just the hardware keys.

Oh never mind SOB i have to start that download now and cancelled the 1.0 now ive gotta wait an hour again slowest file download ever just about.

yeah the whole contacts thing made me go back to stock rom and then back up contacts on sd card..then reinstall bionic rom...which i love by the way....
damn google...was hard as hell to get backed up..i don't know why...

but good luck...

Now that you have your contacts on your sd card, move them to your pc, open Gmail on your computer, go to contacts, and select import. That way you can import your contacts from your desktop to Google. I always keep mine backed up with Google when it gives me the option when creating a new contact. Screw that backup assistant stuff

Were you able to get the contacts sorted out?

Ya I did I went to vzw.com and signed in went to backup assistant backed my contacts up to a .csv file the went to Google and imported the file. Worked great!

Whats a good CPU setting in the droid HD rom? I have it set min 300 - max 1250 on intermediate right now.

Ya I did I went to vzw.com and signed in went to backup assistant backed my contacts up to a .csv file the went to Google and imported the file. Worked great!

Whats a good CPU setting in the droid HD rom? I have it set min 300 - max 1250 on intermediate right now.

Every phone reacts differently to different settings. Find what works best for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom