• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New update??

Well to start out it most likely won't install since your rooted.If you want the update,You will have to return to stock of wait until someone creates a stock updated rom you can install while rooted.
Same thing happen to me on my old ZTE Boost Force when I was rooted.

If someone updates their device and grabs a backup I will put together stock roms. It should be very easy since this device has fastboot. I just updated my Warp 4G and it was a piece of cake.

1. Flash the stock unmodified rom and stock recovery found here
http://androidforums.com/threads/zte-max-stock-b06-4-4-2-deodexed-custom-and-unmodified.896210/

2. Take the update through the OTA as normal, or flash the update zip found in /cache from stock recovery.

3. Reboot into booloader and fastboot boot a custom recovery
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
4. Flash the attached file which will grab the new partition images. Make a nandroid backup while still in recovery.

5. Send me the system.ext4.tar.a and boot.img from the nandroid backup and the contents of /sdcard/max_partitions directory.

edit: just noticed the update.zip was already posted in the OP so I removed step 6 :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Can this help me resize partitions memory, increase the "data" up to 4Gb, and reduce the section "(phone)internal SD" to 2Gb? =)

Back
Top Bottom