• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Next new android after evo/epic?

Clocks

Apr 18, 2010
Any word on what the next android phones will be? I played with the evo and the epic in the store, I liked them both but wasn't blown away (not like it matters even if I did like it the evo has over 30 people on a waiting list at the local store). I'm thinking about hanging on for a few months until the next phones come out, if there are any rumors yet?

So... I agreed to get the wife an EVO for X-mas.

She gave me SOOOOO much crap about buying it..... until she saw it, played with it, and realized its capabilities (particularly compared to her Palm Pre)

I certainly don't mind buying her one... but I wonder if there have been any "leaks" as to new, or better phones than the EVO coming out for Sprint before X-mas time?

SAMSUNG is not an option... I will never buy another Samsung product again. I wrote this thread, got thanked 7 times in 1 thread, and then it was locked for "redundancy".... it was my rant against Samsung..... NOT another "My EVO is better than the Epic" thread..... but this should tell you why I hate Samsung:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/170499-my-evo-vs-epic-rant.html

Nevertheless..... anyone know of any high-end Android devices coming from Sprint before X-mas?

Upvote 0
The amount of "thanks" really doesn't mean much. Making someone laugh is as likely to get a thanks as giving them good info.

On to your question, I have heard of the faster moto coming out, but I would buy samsung before moto. As far as them coming to Sprint, dunno. Have you checked phonscoop and boy genius?

Upvote 0
I gave you another Thanks, as I've also had issues with Samsung in the past. One was a flip phone, and at the 2 year mark, the screen just plain died. Never flickered or started acting wierd, just one day the wife opened it to make a call, and nothing. The other was a $1200 30" HiDef tube TV. Worked great, but around the 2 year mark (out of warranty, of course), the main board died. Called a TV repair place, and they contacted Samsung, and they didn't support that TV anymore, and didn't have any parts for it. For a 2 year old TV. And a buddy of mine had a Samsung Blackjack II, and right at the, you guessed it, 2 year mark, the sellect button went out on him. Samsung has left a sour taste in my mouth.

As for the next new Android phone, not really sure what the rummors are, but there is ALWAYS a new phone around the corner. Motorola already announced that they were going to End Of Life the Droid X in March '11, so they much have something in the works. As I'm sure HTC also does. Probably as we get closer to the holiday season, we'll start hearing more rummors and then the next wave will be released. I haven't heard rummors of anything signifigant yet, though. The LTE phones won't be rolling out until next year, and I don't think we're expecting any of those fancy dual-core handsets before the end of the year either. Probably whatever comes out in the next 3 months will be more evolutionary than revolutionary, but the revolutionary stuff is probably only 6-9 months away, in my opinion. I'm really curious to see who will be the first OEM to use an Intel Atom CPU, the Sandy Bridge arcitecture has the low power needed for a mobile device (it was designed with smartphones in mind), but shoould overpower any ARM CPUs currenty out, especially in the graphics department. I'm guessing Nokia, since Intel is working with them on the MeeGo OS.

Upvote 0
Thanks all.

I'm not in need of the next "revolutionary" phone... just something equal to the EVO, but not the same thing, so the wife doesn't feel like she's getting something "old" because I will have had one for awhile.

With that though.... I'm not at the point where I have to have the "biggest and the baddest" phone out there... just something that works the way it is actually supposed to (unlike my Samsung Moment). So... another EVO will work just fine if that is all thats available.

Upvote 0
Thanks all.

I'm not in need of the next "revolutionary" phone... just something equal to the EVO, but not the same thing, so the wife doesn't feel like she's getting something "old" because I will have had one for awhile.

With that though.... I'm not at the point where I have to have the "biggest and the baddest" phone out there... just something that works the way it is actually supposed to (unlike my Samsung Moment). So... another EVO will work just fine if that is all thats available.

I think HTC has a phone on the way to Verizon that is pretty close to the Evo, just minus the 4G capability. I forget what the name of it is though, sorry. If the 4G speeds are something you want, then you only have the 2 Sprint phones to choose from, but Verizon is supposed to start rolling out thier LTE high-speed network next year, which will mean a slew of new phones then. But that's next year, probably a little too far out for you, it sounds like you're ready to buy one sooner than that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones