• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help nexus 10 app lock problem

This is nothing to do with the tablet lock screen issue that many people have and that is often solved by making sure that any case does not wrap too so far round the back that it triggers the 'closed case' sensor.

No, at some point I added security so my lock code has to be entered in order to access certain apps' so the kids have to get permission before they download from the market. Unfortunately' the lock screen that comes up when I access these apps has no 'enter' key so all though I type in the correct code, the tablet will not go into the app.

I have tried returning to the user settings where I expect to see a list of locked apps so that I can remove the lock, but the list is only there when I add a new restricted user and not when I look at the current user.

So how to I remove this lock? Any suggestions?

This is nothing to do with the tablet lock screen issue that many people have and that is often solved by making sure that any case does not wrap too so far round the back that it triggers the 'closed case' sensor.

No, at some point I added security so my lock code has to be entered in order to access certain apps' so the kids have to get permission before they download from the market. Unfortunately' the lock screen that comes up when I access these apps has no 'enter' key so all though I type in the correct code, the tablet will not go into the app.

I have tried returning to the user settings where I expect to see a list of locked apps so that I can remove the lock, but the list is only there when I add a new restricted user and not when I look at the current user.

So how to I remove this lock? Any suggestions?
Did you change the default keyboard. If so, go back to default.

The Enter is sometimes part of the keyboard, and aftermarket ones miss that.

Back
Top Bottom