• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 5 - Android File Transfer Problem

My nexus 5 worked perfectly with Android File Transfer, and suddenly, about a week ago it stopped working, nothing has changed in that week, except that AFT was behaving in an unexpected manner and I force quit it several times. The device shows charging but no connection. When I open AFT, it says plug in the Android device.

I did usual troubleshooting:

1) checked on the mac attached devices, my phone wasn't one of them
2) re-installed Android File Transfer, same issue
3) trying changing the settings on the device - turning off and on the USB debugging, changing type of connection with the computer from Media device to camera and back.
4) Restarted both devices and tried various cables, still nothing.

Any suggestions?
smile.png

I'm not familiar with that app, but if your phone is not being detected by your computer, you likely need to reinstall the drivers. I see you mentioned "mac", so I suspect you may not need drivers (I'm not familiar with how you normally connect to mac). The only other thing I can think of is a faulty cable (or a charge only cable) - do you have the original cable that came with the charger? If so, try that. Else, try it on a different computer.

On a sidenote, are you just looking to transfer files from your computer to your phone? if so, have you tried the portal app? Ridiculously fast and easy to do (assuming your phone and computer are on the same LAN)

Thanks jj14x, I managed to resolve the problem, or rather, it resolved itself somehow. I wanted to do a backup, but prefer to do it on cable rather than through LAN.

Back
Top Bottom