• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5x camera autofocus broken

sirtuin

Lurker
Hi guys,

the autofocus on my camera no longer works. It happened around the time when I loaned the phone to my father in law to use as a flashlight in the garage, but unfortunately he could not figure out how to turn it off, so the flashlight was left on for over an hour. The auto-focus has not worked since.

I was wondering if replacement of the camera is possible and would it fix this?

You should still be under warranty: I'd contact Google Support and have them sort it out.

Before you do that I would ensure everything is backed up - including any music or other files you have in storage - as the very first thing they ALWAYS have you do is a factory reset and that deletes all of your data.

I'm betting they'll take you through a couple of different resets but it sounds like hardware to me so the phone will need to go for repair.

The process is actually pretty painless - I had to do it for my last phone (also a Nexus). They send you a replacement phone and some packaging to send your current phone back to them. The only thing to be careful of is that they ask you for a credit card and debit the cost of the replacement phone until they receive your old one. At least, that was the process here in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom