• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 5X Dec. 2016 Security Patch

amusingpony

Lurker
It is now January 7th 2017 and my Nexus 5X has the November 5, 2016 security patch. My understanding is that there is a December security patch however my phone seems to be missing it. Any ideas why that is the case?

Here is what my "About phone" screen looks like.
Screenshot_20170106-134307.png

Wow taking so long. You would think the security patches would get priority I don't know maybe to fill security holes!!

Google separates out security patches with feature patches correct?

To me security patches are more important than new features and would like those first.

I usually get my patch around the 12-14th of the month. I don't know what happened this month. It was posted that Decembers patch would come with 7.1.1, it didn't. Google now says 7.1.1 will come with January's patch.

I finally got the December patch by enrolling in the Android beta and waiting for the patch to download and install. Here is the URL that I went to on my PC to enroll my device. https://www.google.com/android/beta?u=0

I got the security patch along with the 7.1.1 patch. I unenrolled in the beta and still have the 7.1.1 patch + the Dec. Sec. patch.

Here is what my "About phone" looks like.
Screenshot_20170108-072830.png

The December security patch comes with the 7.1.1 update. You can get it immediately by opting in to the Beta Program. Otherwise you'll have to wait till Go0gle gets around to you.

The December security patch comes with the 7.1.1 update. You can get it immediately by opting in to the Beta Program. Otherwise you'll have to wait till Go0gle gets around to you.

7.1.1 does not come with the Dec security patch. Me and lion7718 didn't get it with the security patch. I'm sure there are plenty others. You can either get it separately by opting in to Beta or flashing from https://developers.google.com/android/images.

I misunderstood what you are saying.

Both of our statements are true. If you have 7.1.1, you have the Dec. security patch. You can recieve the Dec. security patch without 7.1.1. also.

Back
Top Bottom