• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 5X earpiece speaker

Does your earpiece speaker distort/crackle when talking on the phone?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

EuanR

Lurker
Hi, got my 5X on Monday.
Nice phone, performs well, battery life is good.
Bit of an issue when talking to people though. Depending on the person at the other ends tone of voice, the sound quality is distorted. Even turning the volume way down doesn't necessarily fix it.
Has anyone else noticed the? Wondering if it's my device or a general issue with everyone.
Just to be clear, I'm talking about the earpiece, not the loudspeaker.
Cheers

Exactly the issue I have: as I said on the Hands On thread, it's the worst quality call sound I've heard on a phone in .. as long as I remember. I can still hear people, but it sounds .. bad.

That could just mean that you and I have two phones from dodgy batch, of course - it would definitely be interesting to know if anyone else has the same issue.

I did see a review that had the sound as poor, but that just mentioned the speaker when playing music.

Last edited:
Hmm, thanks for the info. I was going to exchange my handset, but it might be pointless.... I saw your comment about call quality just after I posted this. Cheers.

Hi, got my 5X on Monday.
Bit of an issue when talking to people though. Depending on the person at the other ends tone of voice, the sound quality is distorted. Even turning the volume way down doesn't necessarily fix it.
Has anyone else noticed the? Wondering if it's my device or a general issue with everyone.
Cheers
I found the jack a slight problem BUT the problen is the new soucket: gotta really push the jack in to get it to seat, Now all is well ( only device I've ever has this problen iwith...)

Hi, got my 5X on Monday.
Cheers
I'm having the same issue. When I'm talking to someone the person sounds distorted and hard to hear at any volume. Any word on if this is normal?

I just got this phone yesterday, and I haven't had any crackling or distortion on a call. Coming from <$200 phones, this is the best call quality I have ever had on a phone. If you bought it from Google, you could probably exchange it (not sure about Google's exchange policy).

The sound quality on my phone is not great but I can hear callers perfectly well. If you're struggling to hear at all, then that's definitely a fault: what good is a phone if you can't hear your callers?

Back
Top Bottom