• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6, torrents not working on mobile data

Hello I have a nexus 6. I've been trying to download on bit torrent using multiple apps like flud, TT torrent and u torrent etc. However when on mobile data my download speed seems to be limited to about 1kbs. (On 4g speed test return results of 35 to 40 mbs) I have allowed downloading on mobile data on all. I've tried using a proxy which allows bit torrent downloads however this does not help.
However when I connect to my home network the downloads actually start properly and reach speeds of 3mbs.

Is there a setting on the phone what could be limiting my download speed in bit torrent apps?
I've tried multiple torrents multiple apps and can't figer out what the issue is

Thanks

I was just using the Flud torrent app the other week while I was on vacation in Connecticut to keep up with some fansubbed anime shows I follow. I was on mobile data the whole time (Verizon) and didn't have an issue. The only thing I noticed was that while my downloads appeared to be at full speed, uploads never seemed to reach above a few kb/s. But downloading the files went off without a hitch.

This is the first time I actually tried torrenting on my phone, and I was happy with how it performed. I didn't need to adjust any settings to get it to work, so I'm wondering if it may be your network?

I'm rooted, but only running a stock ROM.

Hi
I was wondering if it could be the network too which is why I tried using a vpn. From my understanding this would hide the the type of traffic from them so they wouldn't know it was torrent traffic... Not sure if this is 100 % correct though?
Thanks
Michael
I was just using the Flud torrent app the other week while I was on vacation in Connecticut to keep up with some fansubbed anime shows I follow. I was on mobile data the whole time (Verizon) and didn't have an issue. The only thing I noticed was that while my downloads appeared to be at full speed, uploads never seemed to reach above a few kb/s. But downloading the files went off without a hitch.

This is the first time I actually tried torrenting on my phone, and I was happy with how it performed. I didn't need to adjust any settings to get it to work, so I'm wondering if it may be your network?

I'm rooted, but only running a stock ROM.

Back
Top Bottom