• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One coming to europe - when?

davix8

Jan 23, 2010
Italy
I really wanted to ask if anyone knew when the nexus one will be available in europe other than UK.
I live in italy and i know that it will come with vodafone but i just don't know when.

oh and side question (kind of noobish) does the monthly rate that you pay include phone calls and text messages or only 3G?

please forgive me if these questions have been answered, i couldn't find them.

edit* i'm also interested in a thing Neemo pointed out: i will buy my phone in italy and change its language to english from the settings, i would really like for the speech to text to be in english too. is that possible without rooting the phone or crap? or iwll it just recognize both italian and english directly :D?

I'm interested in this as well. It'll probably come to Finland in the distant future (read: never). The biggest problem is probably getting the speech-to-text function working properly on several languages. Although I don't mind at all speaking english to it but then there's the warranty issue when buying from ebay etc.

Other than that, I don't understand why google doesn't offer it to other countries where people are practically ready to pay an arm and a leg for the N1. Especially here, where subsidised phones are still quite rare and people prefer to buy their handsets unlocked albeit the premium price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones