• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No bootloader??

HackADevice

ok, so i went through the rooting guide and unlocked the bootloader the correct way with htcdev.com but, when i booted into bootloader mode it was just a fuzzy screen so i can't continue the process. Any help? (i can turn the phone on though).

I PMed or resident HTC expert because I've never seen this happen. Here's what he said:
scotty85 said:
whaaaaaaa :eek:

ive never seen that before,for sure! since they are able to boot the phone,the bootloader is obviously there and working,just something wierd with the interface. id make sure "fastboot" is unchecked in settings power. above and beyond that,id adb reboot bootloade so that i knew the phone was in fastboot,then try a few basic fastboot commands:

fastboot devices

fastboot getvar all

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot reboot

if all that works,the fastboot oem get_identifier_token may still work,and they may still be able to unlock despite the fuzy screen. the only question will be if they are able to see the "unlock or not" page when they flash the unlock_code.bin. if not,they could try blindly pressing vol down,then power(its on do not unlock by default)

that would bug the crap out of me,lol.. i assume they get fuzziness in hboot,or fastboot?

might also try and run a current .exe type RUU utility and see if that changes anything.

just to correct my typo,
adb reboot bootloader should take you to fastboot

if you guys have any questions about the above,or testing with the commands listed,just holler. :)

I had this happen when I unlocked my bootloader. I just held the power button for the 10 seconds to reset it and everything was fine after that.

I had this happen a second time also as I had to ruu to fix a mess up. This time i just left phone alone and it eventually reset after a few minutes and once again all was well.

Same here. Do you get same weird screen each time you try to enter bootloader? You may just let it sit for a few and see what happens. Mine reset after about 2 or 3 minutes and worked fine after that.

Back
Top Bottom