• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no command after installing TWRP

lanz80

Hello,

I have one mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 mini gt-8200I and I have installed this version TWRP https://dl.twrp.me/t03g/twrp-2.8.3.0-t03g.img.tar.html

After installing with Odin 3.09 ( no problem with the installation), and the rebooting the mobile, I reboot once again till appearing the TWRP console ( Volume Up+ Power+Home), but appears to me "No command", and the options:

reboot system now,
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update form cache

I select wipe cache partition, reboot again ( Volume Up+ Power+Home), but the same .

Anyone knows how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

When installing with Odin, be sure to un-tick "reboot". You will need to boot directly into recovery after installation. Then install SuperSu.
If you reboot Android, it will overwrite your TWRP.

Last edited:
After Odin flash, disconnect cable and remove the battery. Replace the battery and use
the button combo to boot into TWRP recovery and flash SuperSU zip. TWRP should stick then.

Hi Bg and JFalls,

Doesnt work the proposed solution by yours. Following your steeps, and after rebooting and pushing ( Volume Up+ Power+Home) gets stucked on the logo Samsung Galaxy SIII mini Gt-I8200.

After this I reboot again, and when I connect again the phone to the mobile, I see a TWRP folder, but with nothing inside.

Thanks

After you flash TWRP with Odin and remove/replace battery, don't power the phone up normally.
Press and hold the power, volume up and home till phone starts to boot, release the power button only, continue to hold the volume up and home till you see TWRP recovery.

After you flash TWRP with Odin and remove/replace battery, don't power the phone up normally.
Press and hold the power, volume up and home till phone starts to boot, release the power button only, continue to hold the volume up and home till you see TWRP recovery.

This Guy --> @Jfalls63, is steering you in the right direction with Samsung..

Hi,

Doesnt work. When (Volume Up+Home+Power), it appears Android lied down with the legend "No command".

I use the following:
https://dl.twrp.me/t03g/twrp-2.8.3.0-t03g.img.tar.html
Odin version: 3.09

The USB cable doesnt belong to the mobile but Odin recognises

This is the log of the secuence:

<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005> RES OK !!
<ID:0/005> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

When I go to the mobile disk, I dont find any TWRP folder, installed, and the developer options are ticked.

This is very weird. It shouldnt take to much time....

Regards

That doesnt work. I have already tried.

Appears the following options:

reboot system now,
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update form cache

And in my opinion is because the TWRP app, is not installed or at least there is no record in the mobile of the TWRP. I dont know why.

Any other alternative app to TWRP?

Thanks

That doesnt work. I have already tried.

Appears the following options:

reboot system now,
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update form cache

And in my opinion is because the TWRP app, is not installed or at least there is no record in the mobile of the TWRP. I dont know why.

Any other alternative app to TWRP?

Thanks
I know this is an old thread, but just in case you still need help (and to help anyone else..) There is another recovery, but it sounds like there's an issue with the TWRP install. I would wipe the cache and install a different TWRP version via adb. There are also computer programs that can do all this and more if you can get it to recognise your device. That's been a lifesaver for me in the past.

Hope you got it figured out!

Back
Top Bottom