• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No G Mail on Wifi

Hi All,
I've noticed that I can't get my g mail to refresh, send, receive, etc when I'm on wifi. This holds true at all wifi spots, including my house. The internet works fine, etc at all of these locations, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Andy
UPDATE: It is only the wifi at my home that I can't use G Mail. The other spots work. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hi Andy,

I would guess that there is a setting in your router that is blocking gmail somehow. Do you have any other wifi connected devices, in your network, that you could test to see if you can connect to gmail? My theory would suggest that they should also fail.

Very unlikely to work, but you could also try "forgetting" your wlan network and re-entering the settings. Perhaps something got borked.

It could also be a DNS problem local to your router. You could try to change your DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (one of google's) and see if that works. You can do this by long pressing the wlan network entry and select "modify network config" then check the "show advanced options" box.

I have not put in too many details because I didn't want to patronise you, so feel free to shout for more detail if you need it.

Regards,
Eric.

Reactions: javamann
Upvote 0
Hi Andy,

I would guess that there is a setting in your router that is blocking gmail somehow. Do you have any other wifi connected devices, in your network, that you could test to see if you can connect to gmail? My theory would suggest that they should also fail.

Very unlikely to work, but you could also try "forgetting" your wlan network and re-entering the settings. Perhaps something got borked.

It could also be a DNS problem local to your router. You could try to change your DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (one of google's) and see if that works. You can do this by long pressing the wlan network entry and select "modify network config" then check the "show advanced options" box.

I have not put in too many details because I didn't want to patronise you, so feel free to shout for more detail if you need it.

Regards,
Eric.
Thank you very much Eric, for your help! I unplugged everything and restarted the phone, and it worked. Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!

Andy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones