• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No more LAG on my G1. Thanks DroidTweaker

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
My G1 was in GREAT NEED of a factory reset but I am traveling and can not do it now. Lag Lag Lag will drive you crazy. Up to 20 seconds for my icons to show after I use almost any program. We all know its the Dalvin Cache that needs to be cleaned. I uninstalled program after program but still the lag and only 9% left in Mem. I tried to find the instructions to clean it but could not find any that works on a G1. I am rooted but could not even find the Dalvin cache. Finally I saw this new program called DroidTweaker for rooted phones. With androot root it is easy to root and you can go back to unrooted after you clean the cache. My G1 went from 9% mem to 27% free mem in one click (and a reboot) ! Does not say it was tested for the G1 but I took the chance and it worked. It can also increase the space for the Dalvin cache. Can anyone tell me what I should increase it to?

Sorry to butt in on this convo but I was curious as what this would do to improve the lag on my gt540, I am rooted so installed it. Set the values in the menu very low, but now my screen looks huge ie: icons are now about 30 percent bigger. ive tried to go back into the app to reset the original values but it just hangs on info screen, ive done a factory reset as a last resort but its still the same. how can I get it back to normal?

Upvote 0
Well..................... One should not just start pressing buttons when using a Tweaking Program for a rooted phone when it clearly says what phones it has been tested on and many warnings to be careful.

But Again does anyone have any info on what size I should set my cache size on a G1 for better performance ???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones