• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 'mount' option when plugging USB in (Motorola Milestone)

Hello! So I have done a bit of a search for this but can't seem to find a related topic... So - I have the Motorola Milestone and want to put music on it. I am finding when I plug my USB in I don't get the option to 'mount', therefore can't create a folder to move music into.. Am I being a real girl about this and totally missing something??? Any help would be appreciated thank you :)

Girl or guy.. sometimes things aren't necessarily intuitive. I don't have your device but somewhere in your settings you should have the option to set your phone as a mass storage device when it's connected via usb. Once checked, when connected it should show up as a drive/drives that you can peruse from your pc. Good luck and welcome to AF.

Hello! So I have done a bit of a search for this but can't seem to find a related topic... So - I have the Motorola Milestone and want to put music on it. I am finding when I plug my USB in I don't get the option to 'mount', therefore can't create a folder to move music into.. Am I being a real girl about this and totally missing something??? Any help would be appreciated thank you :)

Pull down the notification bar when plugged in. There should be something with USB. Select that and choose 'Mass Storage'.
If you don't get that USB thing on the notification bar you could try to put your USB in debugging mode see if that helps. Can be found in Settings > Applications > Development

Back