• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No SIM, and Cellular Network Not Available (VZW)

My wife's 5X is frequently showing errors like No SIM Card and Cellular Network Not Available. Restarts don't fix it, it just seems to clear up on it's own after a few hours. She took it to a VZW store, and they replaced the SIM card, but it's still happening.

It seems to go in streaks, like three or four times in the past 24 hours, but then seven days without occurring.

Any fixes for this? Do I need to warranty the phone?

Thanks!

Time to get VZW to replace that phone, there is something wrong with the Radio in it.
No amount of software tweaks is going to fix that.

It came directly from Google, so I'll pursue that route.

Incidentally, the first SIM came out of a Galaxy S3, and had to be cut down to micro by my corner phone repair shop. The second SIM came from VZW at their store, and when we took it back for the third time, they said that the SIM was a 3G only SIM, and they couldn't give us a 4G SIM card because it wasn't a VZW phone. Doesn't that sound strange?

It is time to find another Verizon dealer. The 5X is most certainly a Verizon phone, just because they didn't sell it to you.
My 5X and 6P work super on Verizon. Good luck !!

I called VZW customer service before my 5x arrived and explained that I needed a nano SIM card. They sent one out free of charge. When the SIM and phone arrived, I called back and said I needed to do a SIM card swap. Bam, done.

I was able to get a new SIM from VZW, but they had to activate it in another phone, then put it in my phone. It took an hour, but we got it done.

Anyway, it didn't fix the problem. The phone continued to report, "No SIM" and "Cellular Network Not Available" with the new SIM card.

I called Nexus support, and they had me try a bunch of stuff, including a factory reset, but it didn't help. They shipped me a new phone (this was three weeks ago). I put the SIM in it, used the fancy migration utility in Android (I didn't know that existed), and the SIM/Network problem seems to be fully fixed. So it looks like it was faulty hardware.

One problem that persisted was occasional "message not sent" and "tap to download message" in messenger (texting). Tapping never downloaded the message(s). That's fixed now too, I had to delete ALL text messages, clear the messenger app's cache, and wipe the cache partition to get that one cleared up. That was two weeks ago, and it's still rolling solid.

Leave it to us to have so many issues with something that is generally easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom