• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sound when receiving a message?

Biffos

Android Enthusiast
There once was a (typical) WhatsApp sound when receiving a message. But then it suddenly was gone. I then didn't get any sound sound anymore upon receiving. How could I get it back?

The same with WhatsApp on the PC.

Last edited:
Yes, I did. Is there a special setting for WhatsApp?

A Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G. But the sound already disaapeared on my old phone, Sony Xperia X F5121, so I thought it will come back after having installed WhatsApp on the new phone, but it didn't.

Yes, Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G, MIUI 13.

Settings - Apps - Manage apps - WhatsApp - Notifications - Allow playing sound
Yes, is / was activated.

I now noticed when a new massage comes in the / a the typical sound of Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G, which is commonly used here, resounds in this phone. But not the typical WhatsApp sound (at least the one I always still heard a few years ago).

Under somehting like "Sound", yes, there are unbelievably many tones / categories to choose from, but where can I find WhatsApp? Under "Rintones" there also are listed all of the tones that are no ringtones, strange. No, neither in the WhatsApp settings nor the other settings I can find tis WhatsApp tone. OK, I just take another one (just to distinguish from other notifications).

Many thanks!

Well if happening to the particular app in that case you should updated the app to it latest version or uninstall the app and then re-install the app on your device.
It does not update automatically? I installed the app / WhatsApp on a new phone. I had reinstalled in on the old phone already (same problem).

And Check the setting for that particular app.
Yes, I already did.

Back
Top Bottom