• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Voice Option Now

Hi All,

For whatever reason, my Note 4 OS 6.1 doesn't have the option on the keyboard to speak my text messages. I don't mean that it can't read them, it's that I can't dictate them. I've looked through settings, google, etc. Any ideas?

I just checked on my wife's phone (S7Edge) and it's there for her. Is it possible that you accidentally dragged the voice option from the toolbar? or that you disabled the toolbar altogether? Go to settings>Language & Input>keyboards and select the Samsung Keyboard. It should take you to options.

Alternatively, you could try using gboard. That's got the voice input right there in the toolbar.

Thanks everyone. Turns out the Google app somehow got deleted. I restored it and the problem has disappeared. Thanks again for all of your help

Hey if you're into rooting and custom roms you can get that phone on android 7.1.2. I have the Galaxy note edge which I believe is a note 4, but with one curved edge and I have 7.1.2 running well. The note 4 has even more roms since it was more popular. If interested do a search and you'll see lots of roms for it.

edit:
Since I don't use mine anymore I didn't realize they have Oreo 8.1 roms available for our phones. Maybe I'll pull it out the drawer and upgrade it to 8.1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom