• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Wifi

GoNavy

Feb 26, 2012
I got a CIRAGO BTA7300 USB adapter for my computer that does both WiFi and BlueTooth. I want to use my phones Wifi to access the internet from my computers cable internet. Anybody know how to get this Wifi USB adapter to talk the phone. I can't get it to do BT or Wifi, completely useless.

edit: forgot to mention I am running Windows XP on my computer and Android 2.3.4 on my phone an Avail Z990

The easy way to do this is get a wireless router and put it between the PC and the modem (then connect phone etc to that). If you don't want to pay for this, there is an article on labnol.org titled "Build a wireless network without a router" that explains how to do it. I think on XP you don't even need any software, just config. On Windows 7 there is open source software called Virtual Router that can do it.

Upvote 0
Hello all, i have an WiFi Connectivity essue, after update 2.3.3, my htc evo 4g try to connect to a wireless access point but never get done, it can't find any wireless network, i use my wireless router to conect the phone to internet becouse 4g is not good around my house, what i think is the android 2.3.3 have some wifi driver problem, does any body knows about a fix for this essue? thanks for helping!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones