• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not getting an MD5 check in Odin 4.43

gkitf16

Hello all, having problems trying to flash back to factory on a Samsung SGH-T679 Galaxy Exhibit II 4G. Phone was rooted, wiped everything first using CWM.

I downloaded the Odin uvlg3.odin package, unzipped it, and the Samsung USB drivers. Ran Odin as admin in Win7 64 bit. Checked boxes as directed in Odin (One package, Auto Reboot, Protect OPS, Reset Time 300 sec) loaded the OPS Ancora file, then loaded the T679LG3.tar file.

Put the phone in Odin mode, connected via USB. When it is connected, Odin sees it and displays Added!!! Detected!!! and shows it on 1 (COM 4) in the Com Port Mapping. So it appears to be recognized.

Here's where I'm getting stopped at, the MD5 check that's supposed to happen is not performed. If I go ahead and hit Start without the MD5 check, Odin does a bunch of stuff and reboots the phone. When it reboots, it goes until it reaches the Clockwork Android screen, and stops with E: failed to verify whole-file signature E: signature verification failed. Install Untrusted Package? (down) Yes - install untrusted zip. Tried to make it go ahead, but it just aborts the install. Have no idea where to go from here.

Tried downloading everything again from different mirrors, no good. Cleared phone cache/dalvik before trying again, no good. Completely lost here.

Back
Top Bottom