• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not getting anywhere near the 3 day battery life

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
I got this phone a few weeks ago. I don't have that many apps on the phone. Checking battery usage right now, it's showing Facebook at 9% and chrome at 3%. Today was a day off of work so I was playing on my phone more than usual today. On days I work, it just sits in my pocket unused most of the day. Even on those days, I get about a 22 hour charge time. Granted it's long enough for most days. Way better than my last phone. But still no where near the 3 day advertised battery life.

A few years ago, I had an Android TracFone that had a 5000 mAh battery also and I could go a week between charges.

Im just guessing but maybe thats based on powersaver mode. The advertising says "up to 3 days" but I couldn't find conditions that is based on.
I came across a few sites that state 13.5 hours streaming YouTube videos and Toms guide battery test at 15.5 hours.
Bare in mind, Im not familiar with Moto's but if all else fails and its still under warranty, send it back for inspection.

Upvote 0
Im just guessing but maybe thats based on powersaver mode. The advertising says 'up to 3 days' but I couldn't find conditions that is based on.
I came across a few sites that state 13.5 hours streaming YouTube videos and Toms guide battery test at 15.5 hours.
Bare in mind, Im not familiar with Moto's but if all else fails and its still under warranty, send it back for inspection.

I've only had this phone a few weeks. I doubt there's anything wrong with it.

Upvote 0
I've only had this phone a few weeks. I doubt there's anything wrong with it.

Ok that good news, then theres nothing wrong with your battery life. I must have misinterpreted you originally post.
I have a Note 4 with a 3220 mAh battery, alot of apps, an overclocked kernel and mine lasts over 24 hours when unused most of the day. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok that good news, then theres nothing wrong with your battery life. I must have misinterpreted you originally post.
I have a Note 4 with a 3220 mAh battery, alot of apps, an overclocked kernel and mine lasts over 24 hours when unused most of the day.
wink.png

So, I just returned my Motorola phone and got a note 10 instead. How are you overclocking it? Doesn't that require root? Can a note 10 be rooted?

Upvote 0
So, I just returned my Motorola phone and got a note 10 instead. How are you overclocking it? Doesn't that require root? Can a note 10 be rooted?

Unfortunate, you had to return your Motorola and yes overclocking needs both root and a custom kernel.
Rooting your N10 would depend on several factors. If your N10 is a Snapdragon then it has a locked bootloader which will prevent rooting. The term "locked bootloader" not to me confused with "carrier unlocked". If you live in the U.S. no root (Snapdragon).
If it an Exynos, then yes you have a chance but that would also depend on model and carrier. In this case I would suggest searching XDA , for instance, I search "XDA Sprint Note 4".
The N10 is an excellent device theres no need to overclock the kernel, form what I hear its already blazzing fast. Another thing to consider is rooting will void your warranty.
The best and the safest option is an alternative called Virtual Root (sandbox environment). VMOS app available for download from Google PL is perhaps your best option. The best part is Virtual Root dose not void you warranty. The older app is called Virtual Xposed from XDA.
I live in the U.S. and "the land of the locked bootloader " :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
Javi already said it all leaving not room for other inputs..lol..but I think he can benefit from deleting an app or two..definitely..that's in the event if that Note10 is already rootable.

Some people have stated there's not benefit in deleting native apps off of the partition..I'm not allegating that..BUT..every times I delete 80 naive bloatjunk apps off my phones..it DOES definitely leave a sensation smooth like a fabric of silk running through your skin across the endless oceans..I'm just saying my experience..I cannot speak for some one else's perceptions..

I have a TMobile Note4..and in this one I deleted 103 apps(all trace of knox included)..and I can speak differentciations between this one and other "advanced" Notes that I've had in my hands..and I would definitely pick this one up one million times..but then again..is just my perspective..

I hope I'm making sense..

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Javi already said it all leaving not room for other inputs..lol..but I think he can benefit from deleting an app or two..definitely..that's in the event if that Note10 is already rootable.

Some people have stated there's not benefit in deleting native apps off of the partition..I'm not allegating that..BUT..every times I delete 80 naive bloatjunk apps off my phones..it DOES definitely leave a sensation smooth like a fabric of silk running through your skin across the endless oceans..I'm just saying my experience..I cannot speak for some one else's perceptions..

I have a TMobile Note4..and in this one I deleted 103 apps(all trace of knox included)..and I can speak differentciations between this one and other "advanced" Notes that I've had in my hands..and I would definitely pick this one up one million times..but then again..is just my perspective..

I hope I'm making sense..

I totally agree with you my friend, 100%

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones