• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not keeping specific ringtones for contacts?

Just as the title says, has anyone else had trouble with their maxx not keeping ringtones for specific contacts? This has happen to me about 3 or 4 times in the last month or so and not just the same contact each time.

I've got the same problem on my Razr (not Maxx).
I've got two people with custom ringtones. One of them is always right, the other one pretty much floats from ringtone to ringtone, I'm never quite sure what it's going to do next.

Same problem here with both Razr and Razr Maxx. I swap my sim card between them depending on what I am doing that day and was wondering if this messes with them somehow.

I believe if you move your ringtone folder from the external sd card to the internal memory, it will solve your problem (same for notifications).

I believe if you move your ringtone folder from the external sd card to the internal memory, it will solve your problem (same for notifications).

Yeah, I actually saw this listed as a possible cure to the issue on another forum after I posted my question. I will give it a shot and see if it works. Guess droids don't like it when you store ringtones / notifications on SD cards. I am saying droids in general because I have heard of other people with different phones having this issue as well in the past.

Thanks again....

Back
Top Bottom