• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not playing videos that were recorded before OS upgrade

olegich84

Lurker
Hi folks! Hope u can help me. I have Galaxy S i9000 which had Cyanogenmod 10.2 installed. I decided to go back to Stock ROM and flash 2.3.6 with SpeedMod Hardcore k17 kernel. Now i have an issue: when i try to play a video that was recorded earlier with Cyanogenmod - i get an error "Sorry, this video cannot be played", either with stock player or QuickPic player. Videos that were recorded after flashing the stock ROM can be played successfully. Please help me to understand why it is happening and if there is a fix.
Thank U very much!:)

What's the file type of the files that can't be played, and what's the app that you're trying to play them with? (I suspect that the file type changed, ans the app used to play the old type isn't there any more.)

Hi! File type is .mp4. It was created by the Camera app in CM10.2. I know that stock rom that i installed recently makes mp4 also. The apps that i use to play videos are: stock 2.3.6 video player and quickpic player

Back
Top Bottom