• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not Receiving Picture Messages

mhanos

I can receive normal text messages and emails, phone seems to connect to the internet normally, but for some reason I am not getting picture messages...any suggestions?
stock transform, not rooted.

It should just appear in your messages... Whoever sent you it, it will appear in their conversation thread, and you should see it...

The pics previously showed up in my conversation thread, now I don't get a notification and the picture never arrives....I only realized this because someone I work with sent me a picture and it never arrived. I tested this with a few other people and got the same result.

Are you using the stock Messenger or are you using a other client like handcent or something like that?

Stock messanger.

It looks like it works if I turn off wi-fi, but if wi-fi is on I won't get picture messages. Does this make sense to anyone or is there something I can do to fix this?

I've noticed on my Transform I get my picture messages but they are about 10 to 20 messages up in the conversation. They never appear where they are supposed to in the conversation.

I've noticed on my Transform I get my picture messages but they are about 10 to 20 messages up in the conversation. They never appear where they are supposed to in the conversation.

It takes time to send a picture message, your phone will automatically put a message where it should be based on the time it was sent by the person who sent it to you. So if its 2:10 and your being sent a picture and are texting this person during those 10 minuets of waiting time and the picture arrives at 2:20, the picture will be put by the messages that got sent at 2:10.

I got the same problem. I can access the pictures online with my Sprint account, but they never make it to my phone. I have not tried this with Wi-Fi turned off yet.

Same here vanburen72, my pics are showing up in my online inbox but not making it to my phone. It appears that turning off wi-fi fixes this, but I'd prefer to leave wi-fi on if I could.
Anyone have any suggestions?

I decided to do a factory reset. Now it seems to work fine, get picture messages with wi-fi on.
Not sure if this is the best answer but it seems to have worked.

If you guys are going to do a factory reset, root your phone and install Titanium Backup so when you reset, you keep everything on your phone :)

[TheAndroid];2256393 said:
If you guys are going to do a factory reset, root your phone and install Titanium Backup so when you reset, you keep everything on your phone :)

Can you recommend anything besides Titanium Backup. It freezes constantly on me.
I am rooted with the latest Froyo.
Thanks!

Can you recommend anything besides Titanium Backup. It freezes constantly on me.
I am rooted with the latest Froyo.
Thanks!

'My Backup' Is one, but it doesn't do anything near the calibur of Titanium Backup. Would you like to explain the freeze ups to me? Perhaps I would have a solution for you.

I will either be making a backup, or restoring one, it will get to a certain point, usually 36% or 53%, then will just hang there, will not go any further.
Thanks for any help!

Haha, that usually happens for the larger apps. It doesn't really freeze, it just has a setting to auto refresh the progress every 30 or so seconds to 1 minuet but not always. One way I tested that my Titanium Backup wouldn't freeze is I started a batch backup of all my apps and data before my last one and a half hour class and at the end of the class, I looked and saw that 45 minuets before the end of class the batch backup was complete. Trust me, it should work. And if not, make sure Titanium Backup says you have 'Busybox'.

Yeah, i just let it sit for a while, and even though it never moved past 56%, it appears all my apps and settings were replaced.
Reset factory data and now I get picture mails with wifi on. Weird stuff.

[TheAndroid];2210692 said:
It takes time to send a picture message, your phone will automatically put a message where it should be based on the time it was sent by the person who sent it to you. So if its 2:10 and your being sent a picture and are texting this person during those 10 minuets of waiting time and the picture arrives at 2:20, the picture will be put by the messages that got sent at 2:10.

ALright after taking some time to watch who I text and when they text me and when they text pictures I am now sure that the timing is way off. I had not texted my mother since Feb 12. She sent me a MMS 5 minutes ago of my child being goofy. The pic shows as sent at 6:16am. She has only had my kid since 8:00am. I know now for a fact that the MMS is not putting my messages in the proper order. I dont know why it does this. I just know it does.

Phone flashed with vampirefo 2.7 kernel and FroyoRC2.

its not a problem with your phone it is with the company that sprint uses for there mms (picture mail). just contact sprint and ask them, it is a known issue and they have had this problem for about 2 years on about 2% of there customers and there is no etr for a fix.
i have had this problem not getting pic mail for about 9 months but just on the 1 line we have 5 total, but just 1 wouldn't get all my pic mail i would get maybe 1 out of 5 but they all would show up in the online account at pictures at sprintpcs.
they had us change phones 3 times (6 months) instinct,moment then the transform all of them had the same problem, they kept saying we had bad phones, i went thru customer service, tech support, advanced tech support then higher up, we had engineering and network engineering working on problem. to no avail they shut off the number and restarted it from fresh and still wouldn't work. they gave up and said they cannot resolve this issue and offered me to end my service with them for that line with no etf.
finally what i decided to try was i took phone to a sprint store(not a repaire center) i did hard reset while at store and while phone was off (before it restarted) i pulled the battery then had them shut off service completely on that line and waited about 30 min. had them reactivate phone line then restarted phone did another hard reset. phone turned on signed back into google got everything back on phone, as of right now its been 5 days and i have sent that phone about 50 pic messages and every one of them has came thru.
sorry this is so long but wanted to let you know what worked for me and what my problems were.

Back
Top Bottom